VEHICLE AND CAR STORAGE LEEDS
Choosing where to store your vehicle is a tough decision – it’s valuable, unique to you and carries a lot of ownership attachment. It might be one of the most expensive things you own, so it is vital you choose the right vehicle storage solution. That way you can walk away knowing it is in secure hands. That’s why we are here to help you with vehicle, car and caravan storage in Leeds.
Why Choose Vehicle Storage in Leeds?
There are several reasons you might want to store your vehicle. To name a few; you might not want to leave your car parked on a road, or you might need to store a caravan that you only use for special trips away. If so, then we are here to provide you with great storage solutions in West Yorkshire.
Our units come in a range of sizes so that you can store any vehicle from a motorbike to a caravan with us. Not only that, but with security, you can store your vehicle with peace of mind, knowing it will be safely stored away. You can store with us for as little or as long as you want too.
From Car Storage to Caravan Storage – What Do You Need?
- 35 sq.ft – Motorbike
- 75 sq.ft – Buggy
- 150 sq.ft – Medium sized car
- 300 sq.ft – Medium sized caravan
Storage Facility Benefits
By storing your vehicle in one of our containers, you also reduce the risk of your vehicle getting dirty and getting a scratch here and there. Plus, once it’s locked away and under 24 hour surveillance, you don’t need to worry about it being a target for robbery.
Tips and Tricks to Long Term Vehicle Storage
With that in mind, here are a few pointers before you do so:
- Wash your car – this helps to avoid any contaminants for the duration of the storage period.
- Fluids – Fill your gas tank and antifreeze. Add a fuel stabilizer such as STA-BIL. Let the car run for five minutes to allow the stabilizer to flow through the fuel system.
- Engine oil – Fogging the engine is not necessary unless you are storing a vehicle for longer than a year.
- Tires – At the storage facility, inflate your tires to the maximum PSI rating. This will prevent the tires from developing flat spots.
- Leave the car in neutral with the parking brake disengaged.
- Ventilation – Roll down the window an inch to allow air circulation and prevent moisture from gathering inside the vehicle.
- Battery – many car enthusiasts take the battery out, take it home and leave it on a piece of wood and connect it to a battery maintainer (not a trickle charger). The maintainer most popular to use is a CTEK 3300. Some newer cars require that the battery stay connected at all times to preserve the computer’s memory. In this case, you should connect the tender to the battery while keeping the hood ajar to run the cables into the engine bay.
- Best prevention – Rodents love to find their way into your car and make it their cozy home during the winter. As a precaution, do the following;
- Place a ball of steel wool in the exhaust pipe opening and air inlet
- Put laundry fabric sheets inside the cabin and trunk
- Put moth balls around the outside perimeter of the car